Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Knight in Shining Armor

The ball was exceptionally delightful! Emma looked lovely and my dress was a beautiful as I thought it would be. Mr. Elton, however, was as far from delightful as anyone could possibly be. This new Mrs. Elton is constantly boasting about her past live back in Maple Grove. Hmph! I doubt Maple Grove is as lovely as Highbury, and I'm sure we have more reasonable and exceptional people, like Mr. Knightley.
Ah, Mr. Knightley! What a charming man! And so polite, too. He was kind enough to ask me to dance after Mr. Elton constantly and deliberately shunned my presence. He is most definitely a better man than Mr. Elton can ever be and far higher in society than Mr. Martin. Although Mr. Martin is still very sweet and we constantly talk, I know that Mr. Knightley will alway be there to provide for me and care for me. I think I might be in love!

No comments: